Avon : 'ibuku, idolaku' sanjungi kasih ibu 27 April 2005

Well, that day was a day when my mom and a four other working moms were given an award for different categories. Easy said that, the day was like a mother's tribute day before the real mother's day. My mom got the award for 'ibu kerjaya', Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah got an award for 'ibu idola', and the others (whom I can't remember the names) got awards for 'ibu komuniti', 'ibu seniman'(or something like that) and 'ibu ilmuan)(I can't remember this one either).

For each mother whom recieved an award, their eldest son or daughter had to give a speech or 'sajak' for them. As I was the eldest, I was chosen to read the 'sajak' eventhough they know I'd rather have sung than read :P. But really, I may look ok in the front but in my heart I didn't want to read it for my mom as eventhough I know she cares and such, she has a funny way of showing it as she scolds me more than usual since last time.

But nevermind, what's done is done. Each mother was presented with a trophy and a hamper along with a bouquet which had to be presented by the son or daughter whom gave a speech.

When it was my turn to go up before my mom recieved the award, I started of with a little speech and made the audience laugh before I read the 'sajak' then I waited to give the bouquet to mom. Mom cried as I handed to her the bouquet but I dunno whether they were real or false.

Enough said for now I guess, if not I'll be going on and on and on :P.
Here are some pictures of the event.

Oh yeah, I wore a green 'baju kurung' while my mom wore orange like my youngest sister and my dad along with my brother wore a suit. I even got to meet Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah in person and it so happens that she's in charge for MMU Cyberjaya, :D.
Even I got interviewed by some people and 'Kosmo!' newspaper may want to interview me and mom one day, too .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late as usual at posting current events ^^;;

A surprising 40 laps and Study Study Study!!!!

This isn't working, body is here mind is out in space